»

Saturday, May 10, 2008

to a MOTHER I love....

I find in this day and age that Mother's and Father's days are obsolete....there are so many instances where a child is raised by a single parent, male or female or a loving person who is a relative or no relation at all. It is such a blessing in this life to have someone in your corner. I had a long talk with my mom today...I hope my love her for reached her in heaven...
So as I do with my toast, I am writing about someone who I know but I will not name her....and this is in no way to slight all the fantastic mothers/fathermothers I know....it just that this one is touching my heart right this second......

-to the mother who alone raised five, yes FiVE of the most beautiful daughters you have ever laid your eyes upon. She has told me stories of the christmases where the kindness of strangers/teachers and her church was the only reason they had any sort of christmas. She has never sounded bitter...she just did what needed to be done! I see her be the peacemaker, she is always my cheerleader....and she is not even my mother! I know that if I send out one of my incredibly dopey blah blah emails.....she will be the first one to respond and tell me what a freat person i am and how much what I have to say means to her. I know that her daughters think that she is the strongest woman they know.....cause I know I do!! She retired to stay home and watch her grandchildren.....giving them the same love and encouragement that we all miss from she her as much as we used to.....every week I have to go find her for my hug....Happy Mother's Day

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know another Mommy like that!

 

Free Web Hit Counters
Rent DVDs Online