»

Monday, May 5, 2008

Peek into my heart....

Today is Cinco de Mayo. The 5th of May and it is one of my best friend's birthday. I went to see her. I lucked out because she has been living out of state but she came to home to visit her family and she called to tell me that I could come there instead of driving 2 hours to where she is living. It is the same every year as my birthday is April 28th and her is a week later to the day so we get together and celebrate both. So I crash her sister's house-me and my son, Greg. Her family is there and so is a mutual friend of ours. We had a great time. Laughing and remembering. So first our friend leaves. I decide that I should go because if I tarry she will stay and will be late as she has a deadline. I tell her that I'm going to go and she says she will walk me to my car. ??? Do you think that is a good idea?? She laughs, she knows. If we say goodbye here in front of her family, we are mature adults. If we go to my car, we are in trouble. We stand by my car door. I can't speak...my heart still throbbing from Va...( watch the video of my leaving my uncle and aunt and tell me I don't need medication! it's on my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/bkf428) So we stand there and stare at each other tears welling up....then I feel that familiar feeling starting in my gut and erupting up thru my being to gush out my eyes. She matches me as we embrace in a hug between 2 friends that have shared secrets and knows each other...supported each other...she had been there, my strength when I thought I had none. But with the will of Hercules...I released her and walked away...she had braced herself against a fencepost. I drove away, I didn't look back just like when I left Roanoke, if I looked back my heart would explode....I miss my friend.

0 comments:

 

Free Web Hit Counters
Rent DVDs Online